Apply for Love is Blind UK in under 3 minutes!Welcome! Thank you for your interest in applying for Love is Blind: UK.Please fill in this short application form and one of the team will get back to you if they would like to proceed with your application.Please note, due to the anticipated high volume of applicants the team cannot get back to every applicant. Closing dates for applicants is the 14th of July 2024.We reserve the right to extend or close the application process at any time in our sole discretion for any reason and without notice.
Upload a 30 second video telling us about yourself and why you're ready to find love!You do not have to submit a video but it will hugely increase your chances of a callback.
Love Is Blind UK – Terms and Conditions
CPL Productions Limited is the producer of the Programme and we intend to produce the Programme for Netflix for global distribution by Netflix. • References to the “Programme” in these terms and conditions refer to the programme “Love Is Blind UK” currently scheduled to be recorded in July 2024 although this date might change at our discretion without notice. The programme follows a social experiment where single men and women look for love and propose marriage, all before they get to see each other in person.
You must hold a valid passport for the whole period of filming if selected and have the right to be able to travel to all locations as we specify.
You have the legal right to reside in the UK / Republic of Ireland
• CPL Productions is under no obligation at any time to choose you or to feature you in the Programme and/or any other commissioned series nor to give any reasons for such decisions. There will be no right of appeal against any such decisions.
• You agree that you will not at any time disclose or supply to any person any information or materials related to your application or the selection process or the Programme including to the press, friends and/or family and/or on any social media platforms. • Your application will only be read by those persons who need to read it in order to consider your inclusion in the Programme. • You hereby agree not to institute any legal proceedings against CPL Productions and/or Netflix or any of their directors, staff, contractors or affiliates for any breach of confidence, infringement of copyright or for any other reason concerning your application.
In order for your application to the Programme to be considered you must read and sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) attached below under Schedule 1.
You agree that nothing in your application shall infringe the copyright or any other right of any third party or breach any contract or duty of confidence. • If you are selected by CPL Productions to feature in the Programme, you will be notified in writing and you agree to enter into an agreement with CPL Productions on its standard terms which agreement will be sent to you following your selection. CPL Productions’ decision shall be final and CPL Productions will not enter into any correspondence with any unsuccessful applicant. • If you have not heard from CPL Productions before July 2024 that will mean you have not been selected for the Programme. • Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you may result in your not being considered by CPL Productions and your application being rejected and deleted or destroyed. Your privacy and CPL’s use of the information you provide • CPL will use the information provided by you throughout this casting process to decide whether to include you in potential future series of the Programme. • As part of your application to the Programme you are asked to film a short video. We may wish to include a short section of this video in the finished programme to be transmitted on Netflix and used in any associated publicity. In such event we shall contact you and you agree to sign a Materials release form, granting CPL rights in the recording free of charge.
Materials Release template is attached below as Schedule 2 for reference.• We will also use the information you give here to contact you in the event further information is needed for your application or to notify you that your application has been successful.
You may be filmed by us as part of the audition process and in such event you agree to sign a Contributor release form granting CPL rights in the recording free of charge.
• Thank you for taking part in our casting process. By completing your application, you are consenting to taking part in the casting process, if you continue with your application, your information will be shared within our group of companies and Netflix. It will not be shared with other third parties or sold to any party.
An AGREEMENT dated the date of this application.
CPL PRODUCTIONS LIMITED of 38 Long Acre, London WC2E 9JT (the “Disclosing Party”); and
Name: [I, the person named in the attached application] (the “Receiving Party” on the other part);
(collectively the “Parties”).
In consideration of £1, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged by the Disclosing Party It is agreed as follows:-
Information which may be disclosed or made accessible directly or indirectly by the Disclosing Party and may consist of and without limitation to format ideas, casting, operational methods, processes, strategies, know how, trade secrets, designs, reports, test results, photographs, drawings, specifications, technical, data, and commercial information. This does not extend to information which:
At the time of disclosure is in the public domain other than as a result of a breach of this Agreement;
Is acquired from a third party who owes no obligation of confidence in respect of the information;
Is or has been independently developed by the Receiving Party or was known to it prior to receipt; or
Was lawfully in the possession of the Receiving Party or his/her advisers prior to such disclosure as evidenced by written records, and which was not acquired directly or indirectly from the Disclosing Party.
A blind dating UK television series to be produced by the Disclosing Company.
The following is understood and agreed:
1. Confidential information is and at all times remains the sole and exclusive property of the Disclosing Party. Neither the Agreement nor any disclosure grants any right or licence to any intellectual property rights owned and controlled by the Disclosing Party to the Receiving Party.
2. The Disclosing Party will disclose and/ or provide access to certain confidential information to the Receiving Party relating to the Project. The Receiving Party warrants and undertakes that:
2.1 It shall treat and keep all Confidential Information as being strictly private and confidential and it shall procure such warranties from employees, representatives, consultants, professional advisors or any party associated or affiliated that it consults or discusses with in relation to the Project, with any such disclosure being subject to the Disclosing Party’s prior written consent in accordance with clause 2.2 and 2.8. For the avoidance of doubt and without limitation to the generality of the above, the Receiving Party shall not disseminate Confidential Information by way of social media channels such as, without limitation, Twitter or Facebook.
2.2 The Receiving Party shall take all reasonable and necessary steps to prevent disclosure of the Confidential Information and details of the Project being made public to any third party without the Disclosing Party’s prior written consent;
2.3 The Receiving Party shall take all reasonable and necessary steps to prevent the Confidential Information being used without authorisation and to prevent the misuse and/or theft of the Confidential Information and/or use for the benefit of any third party in such a way as to procure a commercial advantage over the Disclosing Party.
2.4 The Receiving Party will not directly and/or indirectly disclose or permit others to use or communicate the Confidential Information other than for the purpose of the Project;
2.5 The Receiving Party will not copy, exploit, reproduce or store the Confidential Information unless it is required and necessary for the Project;
2.6 The Receiving Party shall keep all Confidential Information that is stored segregated from its own property and/or any third party material in a safe and secure environment and will comply will any applicable data protection legislation and any reasonable direction made by the Disclosing Party in the security of the Confidential Information.
2.7 The Receiving Party shall return all materials containing Confidential Information and copies in any form whatsoever and shall delete all Confidential Information provided on termination of any discussions in relation to the Project or on the Disclosing Party’s request. In the event of termination or request by the Disclosing Party, the Receiving Party shall furnish to the Disclosing Party a certificate of destruction/ deletion or return as appropriate;
2.8 The Confidential Information and its circulation shall be restricted to circulation and disclosure to individuals whose identity shall have been approved by the Disclosing Party prior to the disclosure in writing.
2.9 In the event the Receiving Party is compelled by law to disclose the Confidential Information the provisions of the Agreement shall not be applicable provided that the Receiving Party notifies the Disclosing Party as soon as the Receiving Party has been requested to disclose the Confidential Information.
3. The Receiving Party will limit the disclosure of any confidential information in their organisation to those of its officers and employees (if any) to whom such disclosure is strictly necessary, with any such disclosure being subject to the Disclosing Party’s prior written consent in accordance with clause 2.2 and 2.8. The Receiving Party will also ensure that such officers and employees are made aware of the obligations set out in this Agreement in respect of such Confidential Information and will procure that such officers and employees abide by such obligations and where appropriate ask them to sign a confidentiality agreement themselves.
4. The Disclosing Company cannot warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Confidential Information obtained and any implied warranties or representations are herein excluded.
5. The Confidential Information shall be treated as confidential and will be safeguarded by the Receiving Party and its successors and permitted assignees worldwide in perpetuity and such confidentiality shall continue from the date of this Agreement, and following termination the obligations of this agreement shall continue and the Confidential Information shall be returned by the Receiving Party to the Disclosing Party.
5. The disclosure of the Confidential Information does not create an obligation on either party to enter into further possible relationships or contractual agreements.
6. Nothing contained in the Agreement shall constitute either party as the legal representative of the other party for any purpose whatsoever and neither party is granted hereunder any right or authority to assume or create any obligation or responsibility expressed or implied on behalf of or in the name of the other party nor to bind the other party in any manner or way whatsoever.
7. The Receiving Company undertakes to indemnify and keep the Disclosing Company at all times fully indemnified from and against any loss or disclosure of Confidential Information and from all actions, proceedings, claims demands, costs, awards and damages however arising as a result of any breach or non-performance of any of the warranties undertakings or obligations under this agreement.
8. The Receiving Party warrants that it has the legal capacity and it has the power and authority to enter into the Agreement and are able to grant the rights provided for herein.
9. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and agreed position between the Disclosing Party and the Receiving Party with respect to the confidentiality of the Confidential Information, and supersedes all prior discussions and negotiations.
10. The Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Please signify your acceptance and understanding of the Agreement by signing in the below box.
LICENCE – ALL MEDIA RIGHTS
Name of Production Company: CPL Productions Limited (“the Company”), 38 Long Acre, London WC2E 9JT.
Name of company/individual obtaining licence from [I, the person on the named application] (“the Licensor”) [Insert Address]
The Company wishes to obtain the right to use the Content for a potential future series of a programme/project entitled Love Is Blind UK (“the Programme”)
(“the Content”) means all materials provided by you during the Programme casting process including, without limitation, a short video provided by you to the Company on [date TBC] further to the Licensor’s application to take part in the Programme.
(“in all Media”) means the right to use all or any part of the Content in the Programme in all languages for filming, promoting, exhibiting, transmitting, distributing, broadcasting and exploiting online, television, film and in any and all media, in perpetuity now known or herein invented or developed.
(“the Rights”) means the right in and to the Content, including any trademarks, copyright protection, third party rights and any form of protection granted to the Content or to be granted.
1. In consideration of one pound, receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the Licensor grants to the Company a worldwide, in perpetuity, royalty free, irrevocable, exclusive licence for the use of the Content in the Programme in all Media without any further payment being due or any further obligation arising by the Company.
2. The Licensor permits the Company to record, copy, cut, edit, dub and subtitle the Content in connection with the production, exploitation, promotion and/or advertising of the Programme by all means and in all Media.
3. The Licensor confirms it owns and controls all the Rights in and to the Content and has the legal capacity and the power and authority to enter into this licence and is able to grant the rights provided for herein. The Licensor warrants that the exercise of such rights will not infringe the copyright or any other personal rights, consents, or property rights of any person or be in breach of any statute or regulation; or entitle any person to claim any payment from the Company or from any of the Company’s licensees.
4. The Licensor understands and acknowledges the Company is not obliged to use the Content in the Programme.
5. The Company shall be entitled to sub-licence and assign the benefit and rights granted herein to any other third party, subsidiary or associated company or affiliated party as required to exploit the Programme, notwithstanding the Company shall remain liable to the Licensor for its obligations under this licence.
6. To the extent that the Content depicts any identifiable individual(s), the Licensor warrants that it have complied with its obligations to those individuals under the General Data Protection Regulation.
7. This licence constitutes the entire agreement between the Licensor and the Company, with respect to the Content and supersedes all prior discussions and negotiations.
This licence shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Please signify your acceptance by signing in the below box.
Programme (working title) (“Programme”)
Love Is Blind
CPL Productions Limited of 38 Long Acre, London WC2E 9JT
Name, address, tel & email
[I, the named person to which this application is attached]
Name, title, email & production address
Cat Spooner, Casting Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Contribution
Applicant for Love is Blind UK.
Thank you for contributing to the Programme. By signing this form you agree to the following terms.
In consideration of our mutual exchange of obligations (which you acknowledge to be good and valuable consideration):
You acknowledge the nature and purpose of Your Contribution has been explained to you.
You agree to the recording and/or communication to the public of your Contribution and assign to us all rights in your Contribution for us to use it worldwide in perpetuity in all media known now or in the future.
We may edit, copy, adapt or translate your Contribution at our discretion and you waive any “moral rights” that may exist in your Contribution.
To the best of your knowledge and belief, your Contribution will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party or be defamatory.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to you or your property unless caused directly by our negligence.
Although we hope to use your Contribution, we cannot guarantee to do so.
You agree to keep Confidential Information (as defined herein) confidential and will not directly or indirectly disclose or make accessible to any other person or entity any Confidential Information. You will only use or transmit Confidential Information to your professional representatives who need to know such Confidential Information (and provided such parties are made aware and agree to be bound by the confidentiality terms herein) to further the purposes of this Agreement. “Confidential Information” means information from, or regarding, the Company and/or Love Is Blind (“Disclosing Party”) that the receiving party (including its attorneys, agents and designees) (“Receiving Party”) has had access to in connection with this Agreement that is designated as confidential, or that is understood in reasonable judgment by the Receiving Party to be proprietary or confidential, including, but not limited to, the terms of this Agreement, the Programme, the broadcaster thereof, the Services hereunder and the terms on which the Services are to be rendered, Programme content, Programme “spoilers”, marketing and scheduling plans (until publicly disclosed by the Company), negotiations, budgets, and information related to the business affairs of the Disclosing Party, except where such information: (i) was in the public domain prior to the time of receipt by the Receiving Party; (ii) was in the possession of, or known by, the Receiving Party prior to its receipt from the Disclosing Party, with documentary evidence of prior approval and the source of such information; (iii) becomes known to the Receiving Party from a source who, to the best of the Receiving Party’s knowledge, is not under an obligation of confidentiality to the Disclosing Party; (iv) is independently developed by the Receiving Party with documentary evidence of such development; or (v) the Disclosing Party has authorised the Receiving Party in writing to disclose. All Confidential Information (including copies thereof) shall remain the property of the Disclosing Party and, promptly upon request, shall be returned to the Disclosing Party.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Receiving Party’s disclosure of Confidential Information to third parties shall not be precluded if such disclosure: (i) is required by law in the reasonable judgment of counsel; (ii) is in response to a valid order of a court, governmental agency, or similar authority, provided, the party obtaining such order promptly notifies the other party in writing of such order; or (v) is otherwise necessary to establish rights or enforce obligations under this Agreement.
Health and Safety:
You shall comply with our health and safety rules, guidance and protocols and health and safety policies and procedures and any specific production protocols (including, without limitation, any protocols issued in relation to COVID-19), as such rules, guidance and protocols are updated and notified to you by us from time to time.
UK broadcasters and Creative Diversity Network (CDN) are monitoring diversity on UK television through Diamond. We have a legitimate interest to collect diversity information about our industry and if you provide us with your name and email address, we will enter this into a system called Silvermouse and you will be invited to provide your diversity characteristics. The broadcasters and CDN, as data controllers, are responsible for this data and will retain your name and email address for this purpose in Silvermouse for as long as diversity is monitored by them. We also collect information about how viewers might perceive diversity on screen. Further information about Diamond can be found here: http://creativediversitynetwork.com/diamond/contributors/
This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts applies.
If you agree with these terms please sign below and return it to the Production Contact specified. If you are unsure of the meaning of any of the terms set out above, the production team can explain them to you.
Thank you for your help making the Programme.
Please sign below to agree to these terms.